March 13, 2020 – As part of the plan, GridLiance has taken the following steps:
In response to the ongoing coronavirus epidemic, GridLiance has rolled out a COVID-19 Response Plan. The comprehensive plan ensures business continuity and protects the health and safety of our employees, transmission customers, and contractors.
- Required all employees, excluding transmission system operators, to work remotely from March 18, 2020 until April 2, 2020 to slow the spread of COVID-19
- Ensured employees have the tools necessary to work remotely, including 24/7 IT support, and scheduled a drill to ensure employees can work from home effectively for a prolonged period
- Reviewed essential business functions and implemented additional measures to eliminate risks to system operations; this includes ensuring backup personnel are available if the situation requires and prohibiting outside visitors to reduce the possible spread of COVID-19 to staff
- Verified all material required for capital execution projects underway has been ordered to mitigate risks of project delays
- Discussed GridLiance’s COVID-19 response with regional transmission organizations where GridLiance has assets
- Educated employees on preventive measures and rolled out guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure, allowed employees to work from home prior to March 18, 2020 and required employees who may have been potentially exposed to COVID-19 to self-quarantine
- Created a response team to monitor conditions on an ongoing basis and advise company leadership if guidelines and policy updates will be required as conditions changes
We will continue to take additional measures as conditions warrant to mitigate risks and ensure business continuity for GridLiance.